Saturday, March 10, 2012

Moved Everyone outside

Yesterday, I finally had enough, and I brought the seven younger chicks outside. The dust. The smell. The Smell. Did I mention THE SMELL?!

I was a little worried about how the bigger chicks would react to the younger ones. Although they're only 4 weeks older, they're double the size of the younger ones.  They seemed alarmed by all the smaller ones running around, and so far have been fine.

Today, the weather has been beautiful. I decided all of the babies should experience outside for the first time. I opened up the doors. After an hour, they still hadn't gone outside. So, I forcibly moved them outside. Once outside, they seemed to be pretty pleased to be out there.

As dusk falls, I will probably have to help them go back inside, and seal everything up again so it doesn't get too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment