Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Impulse buy of chickens!!

Yeah, I realize this sounds impossible, but it turns out to be absolutely possible. For me anyway.

On my chicken board, I've gotten quite chatty with people in my state. One of the ladies there had some eggs shipped to her- Lavender Ameraucanas. She posted a picture of the eggs, and I was drooling- they were such a beautiful shade of blue. I was tempted to get a chick, but thought I'd hold off.

Then, her blue eggs hatched, and the chicks' pictures were so beautiful that I decided I simply must have one. She talked me into two so that way, my odds of getting a girl were higher.  These chicks are so beautiful, all silvery and gold with blueish legs.

We named one of them Lucy. The larger one is still unnamed, so if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.





No comments:

Post a Comment