Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 7

It's actually day 8 now, but it's early in the day.

I candled last night, when it was still day 7. I saw movement in eggs 1-7, with the exception of egg #4. There was veining in 4, but I didn't see movement.

Temps in the Brower had been really low all day (like mid 90s) and I couldn't bring them up. I only candled cracked egg, and it didn't look good.

I tried to crank the temp a little higher, and this morning, temps were around 104, so I'm pretty sure all of the eggs in the Brower are dead.  I'll let them go a couple more days, just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up tossing everything in there by Wednesday. I don't know how anything could survive the erratic temps of that incubator.

I did take a picture of egg #6 last night. I wanted to show how odd the air cells in these eggs are.

Same egg, but from a different angle. As you can see, the air cell
is more on the side than on the bottom.















I also took video of this same egg, and if you watch carefully, you can actually see the embryo moving around.

So this is a day 7 embryo. Kind of neat, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment