Friday, January 13, 2012

Chicken Physical Therapy?

I never thought I'd be doing this, never knew it existed, and never guessed I'd be admitting to doing it.

However, Hulksmash's leg has not improved. I asked for advice on my chicken board, and I have gotten some great pointers from a gal there. She gave me the following website that she made that covers a lot of common podiatry issues in chickens. POULTRYPEDIA

She suggested that Hulksmash's hobble needed to have something stiff in the middle to keep the hock (that upper leg joint) out- I'm afraid that my rubber band "cure" actually made things worse. :(

Now, she's told me to do the physical therapy on the chick to help strengthen her leg. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Frankly, I'm extremely worried because this is my favorite chick, and I really want her to be healthy.

Hulksmash with her new and improved hobble brace

No comments:

Post a Comment