Sunday, January 15, 2012

Set more eggs



I found a fantastic local deal on hatching eggs- Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs for $1 each.  I couldn't resist and bought 7. They were all laid yesterday or today, so very fresh!

I set them in the incubator this evening. For fun, instead of numbering or lettering them, I decided to name them.

My Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Eggs
In other news, my other chicks are growing up so fast I can hardly believe it. I thought human children grew up quickly, but they're nothing compared to chickens!

Hulksmash is not responding as well to physical therapy as I'd hoped. I'm starting to feel very pessimistic about her chances of a full recovery. I'm continuing to work with her- gently pulling her leg to proper position and holding it there, while making her stand with more weight on that leg.

Chick #4 showing off his/her wing feathers
With the chicks feathering in, I'm seeing some very interesting patterns. The colors of five of the chicks all seem right for a golden laced wyandotte. The lacing isn't there yet, but I remember my silver laced wyandotte's lacing being very messy and mottled for a couple of months. So, maybe those chicks are all golden laced wyandottes after all, even they seemed a bit light for it at hatch.







Godzilla and her unique lacing.
Godzilla's feather patterns seem really unique to me. The lacing is perfect, gorgeous even. However, the colors are nothing like I've ever seen before. I can hardly wait to see how she turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment